Save the date of the three upcoming activities of M.A. Eir!
- On the 4th of May during the break (12h30 – 13h30), Neways will host a lunch lecture to tell you everything about their company.
- On the 21st of May during the break (12h30 – 13h30), Ad Reniers and Huib Visser from the Electromagnetics group of the department of Electrical Engineering will tell you about their Care & Cure related projects in the university. This presentation will give you an indication of what kind of projects the university can offer e.g. for internships or graduation projects.
- Finally, on the 28th of May in the afternoon, the next edition of the C3Te Care & Cure Science café will take place.
More information about the activities and opening of the subscriptions will follow soon!
Subscribe now for the next edition of the Center for Care & Cure Technology (C3Te) bimonthly Science Café. Due to the Corona situation the Care & Cure Science Café will be in the form of a webinar (participants will receive the MS Teams link on the day of the webinar).
European Training Network on Electromagnetic Risks in Medical Technology (ETERNITY)
Anne Roc’h, Electrical Energy Systems (EES) group.
ETERNITY will create a long-lasting multidisciplinary, academic-industrial network for doctoral training, with leading European industries and academia, to achieve a breakthrough in the design of innovative medical equipment where the risk of EMI has been managed at its core: with wearables, with on-board platforms and with collaborative care systems for hospitals. ETERNITY is about including the risk management of EMI in the design of innovative, electronic medical equipment. This shift is both urgently needed and mandatory.
The key targets of ETERNITY are:
- Scientific: to propose and master solutions to the scientific challenges of the inclusion of EMI risks into the electronic design of medical equipment (ranging from wearables with biosensors to complex systems of systems).
- Training: to steer a dedicated group of young European pioneers towards leading positions in the highly innovative field of electronic designs for medical technology.
- Industry-academia network: to build a direct international transfer path, involving people and technology, between leading European universities and industries across all sectors of the medical technology market.
- Society: to enable safe and reliable medical equipment and innovation, in our modern environments: in medical institutions, at home and while being on the move.
On the 11th of Febuary, MA Eir will host an online lecture from Adimec!
Adimec develops and produces cameras and lens assemblies that deliver true accurate images – the exact information in the scene – for precise decision making in time critical processes. By offering modifications and customizations, Adimec cameras excel beyond general purpose products to resolve specialized and unique imaging challenges.
Adimec designs, manufactures, and markets high performance industrial cameras for equipment manufacturers in:
- Machine Vision
- Global Security
Adimec’s Gentific™ cameras integrate into imaging systems for clinical diagnostics in hospitals and laboratories. Gentific™ cameras optimize diagnostic performance, support medical imaging equipment standards and improve customer competitiveness.
Are you curious for what Adimec has to offer you and would you like to join this lecture? Subscribe now!
Do you think you know everything about christmas and Eir, then call your friends and join the kEirstquiz on the 17th of December from 19h30 till 21h00. You can create groups of 4 to 6 people. Subscription is necessay to receive the discord link on the day of the kEirstquiz!
On Thursday, November 12th our 4th General Members Meeting will take place. Due to corona restrictions, this GMM will be held online through MS Teams. A link to this meeting, as well as extra information on the agenda and relevant documents, will be sent to those who have subscribed through our website.
The Board suggest the following agenda:
- Determining agenda
- Mail in/out
- Minutes 3rd GMM
- Financial result 2019/2020 + budget 2020/2021
- Annual report 2019-2020
- Election Board 2020-2021
- Discharge Daan and Ellen + Installation Board 2020-2021
- Any other business
- Invitation for questions
If there are any further questions, please don’t hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!